STRATEGIES FOR ACHIEVING GREATNESS. CONTD!
By Pastor Andrew Bawa
"I will stand my watch and set myself on the rampart, and watch to see what He will say to me, and what I will answer when I am corrected. The Just Live by Faith. Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry." Habakkuk 2: 1-3 (NKJV).
Bible Readings: Revelation 21: 1-5, Habakkuk 2: 1, Matthew 13: 24-29, Songs of Solomon 3: 1-5, Proverbs 6: 6-10, Jeremiah 35: 5, Luke 21: 26.
To succeed you don't only stand out for something, you also have to watch that thing.
Watch: means to be on guard, at alert. Immediately you are on your feet about to do something, expect enemies to gather to fight that thing. The vision of what you carry becomes intimidating to them. Your assignment is a pointer that you have an adversary. You must not be ignorant of the devices of the enemy. The enemy is not against you but against what you carry. They can't stand your carriage. If you want to succeed be careful of people who will come around what you are standing out for. Not everyone that is smiling at you is happy with you. You have to watch what you are standing for. You must protect against the enemies. You must not only watch against the enemies without but also the enemies within.
How to watch:
1. Be diligent: You must be diligent on what you are standing for. People put up a lot of energy into something and once they get it, they become lenient. You must be diligent all the way.
2. Be determined: don't rest until you achieve what you want. When the going gets tough, it's the tough that gets going. There are things that only you can watch for.
3. Be disciplined: Don't be lazy.
4. Be devoted: are you devoted to your vision/ cause? Give it your all. Until you are devoted don't expect to be promoted.
5. Desire: it is a very key fact to becoming whatever you want to be. The amount of energy you desire something, the amount it will produce.
After standing, you watch after which you watch again but to watch the second time, you need to climb the tower. You need to watch, then pray and watch again. The first one you see from a human direction but the second watch, you see from God's direction. Stop relying on one opinion. Never you allow someone pray for you. Nobody knows what is happening to you more than you. Nobody understands your vision more than you. Exercise your own watchfulness by praying.
After praying, don't just watch for what is said but also watch for what is not said. Success leaves clues. Every mistake you see is an opportunity for you to make it.
Stop looking at people's fault! Stop looking for people's fault!
⁃ Appreciate God for the gift of life.
⁃ In 2017, you become a brand new you!
⁃ This year, let people see something great coming out from heaven for my life
⁃ Wipe away every tears, sorrow, death, pain from me in this 2017
⁃ Father, create a brand new me