Provoking the harvest 2

By Pastor Andrew Bawa

"Receive, please, instruction from His mouth, and lay up His words in your heart. If you return to the Almighty, you will be built up; you will remove iniquity far from your tents. Then you will lay your gold in the dust, and the gold of Ophir among the stones of the brooks. Yes, the Almighty will be your gold[a]and your precious silver; for then you will have your delight in the Almighty, and lift up your face to God. You will make your prayer to Him, He will hear you, and you will pay your vows. You will also declare a thing, and it will be established for you; so light will shine on your ways. When they cast you down, and you say, ‘Exaltation will come!’ Then He will save the humble person. He will even deliver one who is not innocent; yes, he will be delivered by the purity of your hands." - Job 22: 22-30 (NJKV)

Bible Passages: Hebrews 7: 1-9, Malachi 3: 8-12, Deuteronomy 28: 1, Joshua 6: 17-19, Matt 23: 23, Genesis 3: 2-4, Leviticus 27: 30-32, Malachi 3: 19, Genesis 31: 24, 29, Genesis 28: 20-22, Genesis 33: 4, Haggai 2: 8-9, 2 Corinthians 9: 6-8, Genesis 31: 9, Genesis 32: 31-35.

Obedience to God is the number one thing that provokes your harvest. Obedience begat prosperity.

The next thing is to give. You must be willing to give a portion of your blessing as an offering.  If you want to continue to receive, you must give.

The first stage of giving is tithing. If you do not give tithes, things will be tight for you. When you tithe, you give back to Jesus. It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Tithing is giving God 10% of what He gives you. Tithing has been in existence before the law [i.e. the old testament], during the law and during grace. God wants you to give him 10% so that He can bless the remaining 90%. Tithing is part of your spiritual duty. 

When you give God your tithe, He pours out blessings on you, preserves you, your harvest and your seeds, protects and guarantees your possessions and reveals to you His plans to provide you.