By Dr. Kay Ijisesan
"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me." - 1 Corinthians 15:10
Bible Reading: Matthew 11:28, Luke 5:1-6, John 15:13, Zechariah 12:10, Galatians 2:20, Mark 5:36, Hebrews 1:14
God wants to move you from a place of toil to rest. God wants to see you rested. Your effort alone can not make rest a reality. True rest comes from God. You cannot rest by yourself. God is the source of your rest.
Components of Rest
- You rest in your Father's love: Abandon yourself in his love. Nothing can separate you from the love of God.
- You rest in finished work: When you do this, you act and think like it is truly finished. You rest in the conviction that Jesus did all when he died on the cross. Your prayers will come from victory.
- You rest in the spirit of grace: The finished work of Jesus is a demonstration of God's grace. Faith is a gift impacted by God.
- You rest in the faith of Jesus: Your communication with God will be on another level, you will understand that you don't receive from God by your doings but by His doings. Don't make anything, understand that it is by the might of the Holy spirit.
- You rest in your divine assistance