By Pastor Andrew Bawa
"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Galatians 6: 9 (NKJV)
Bible Readings: 1 Kings 3: 9-12, Isaiah 11: 2-3, Proverbs 3: 8, Genesis 28, 2 Corinthians 9: 7, Psalms 100: 2, Genesis 22: 2, Genesis 22: 12, Genesis 22: 5, 1 Samuel 1: 25, 1 Samuel 2: 11, 1 Kings 3: 4, John 3: 16, Luke 21: 1-4, Genesis 4: 7, 1 Corinthians 9: 6, Hebrews 7: 7, Ecclesiastics 11: 3, Luke 6: 38, Genesis 4: 6, Ecclesiastics 11: 5, Hebrews 11: 4, Genesis 22: 3, 1 Kings 3: 3, Luke 21: 1, Matthew 13: 8-9, Ecclesiastics 11: 6, Matthew 13: 25, 1 Samuel 9: 7-8, Acts 5: 2, Matthew 13: 28-29, Ecclesiastics 11: 4.
One of the ways to achieve success is by sowing seed. A seed sown is a spiritual transaction between you and God for your replenishment and lifting.
Reasons why people don’t receive reward is because:
1. It came in what you needed the most not what you thought you needed the most. The issue is that when the harvest come, not many of us go back to ask God what seed it is for. You can’t have understanding without wisdom. God is in the business of answering our prayers and we do not know it.
2. We sow grudgingly. Once you dsow with grudge, don’t expect the grace of God to come upon you. You are supposed to sow with gladness.
3. We are not sowing exactly what God says we should sow. Once you don’t sow exactly what God says, you do not get what you want. God is not a respecter of persons. Whatever God says you should do, do it! What is God saying to you?
4. We are not sowing sacrificially. Whatever is not a sacrifice, is not acceptable.
5. We did not sow our best. Once you don’t sow your best, don’t expect his best. When God gave us Jesus, he gave us his best & when he gave us the Holy Spirit, he gave us his all. Never think you can donate to God.
6. We sow in jealousy. Let your offering be out of love, not jealousy.
7. We only sow once. Every opportunity to sow, is not an opportunity to withhold but to sow because you don’t know which one will bring reward.
8. Our cloud is not yet full. Once your cloud is full, rain must fall. Every time you give a seed, it’s an evaporation that goes up to heaven.
9. We regard the cloud, that is; we pay attention to what we reap. Our focus is more on the cloud and not the joy of the seed. When you observe the cloud, you don’t reap.
10. We don’t have the mind like the 3 Hebrew kids.
11. We give in doubts, not in faith.
12. We did not obey promptly. When God says something, do it!
13. Sow because you love God. When you do, you will reap in ways you never imagined. You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving. Give God lovingly.
14. We did not sow on fertile ground.
15. We sowed and the devil planted and it affected the harvest.
16. We sowed and did not tie it to anything. Sow expecting something.
17. We try to negotiate our seed with God and we end up not sowing all.
18. Once we sowed, some of us went to dig where we sowed by what we do or say. Be careful what you say concerning your seed. Be careful with your attitude to God. Don’t sow a seed and go back to living a life of sin and expect a reward.
19. Some refuse to sow because they observe the wind rather than obey God.