By Pastor Andrew Bawa
"Knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot." 1 Peter 1: 18-19 (NKJV)
Bible Readings: Mark 15: 15-24, Exodus 12: 24, Leviticus 16: 14, Hebrews 12, 1 Corinthians 2, Leviticus 17: 11, Isaiah 53: 12, 2 Corinthians 12: 9, Isaiah 52: 14, 1 John 5, Isaiah 53, John 6, 1 Corinthians 2: 16, Psalm 22: 1.
God enjoys fellowship & communion. Every time there is a blood, the glory shows up. The glory is in the response of the blood. There is a difference between being satisfied and pacified. You can't be on an assignment and not be in a covenant. You have to be circumcised in your heart. Jesus sprinkled his blood seven times. The blood of the animals sacrificed in the Old Testament only pacified and was not satisfying. But Jesus came and his blood satisfied.
There are different prices to pay. When you are doing the sacrifice if you do not do it according to pattern it does not work. There are different types of blood. You need a blood that is required in the kingdom of God. Some blood can pacify but it is not the blood needed. In the old testament when the priest spills the blood heaven accepts and it pacifies. The blood can look the same but it is not the same. God needed the blood of the LAMB. The blood of the LAMB satisfies.
At the garden of Eden man lost it. For it to be corrected Jesus had to go to another garden. At the garden of Eden the ground was cursed and at the garden of gethsemane the curse was lifted. Jesus came to the garden to help us with our own garden. The garden is where we are (where our issues are). Jesus came and dropped his blood and that blood still has a voice. The first place the blood fell was the garden. It started from the garden and it finished at the garden. For each sin you commit, you crucify Christ the second time.
Places the blood dropped:
- At the garden of Eden blood was dropped.
- At gethsemane his blood was dropped.
- At the high priest he droped some blood.
- At the place where pilate had Jesus flogged the blood was shed for our deliverance. The blood shed from his head is so we have mind of Christ.
- At the mountain (cross) his hands were nailed. For each nail that was nailed blood dropped so that whatever we lay our hands to prospers. When he was turned the nails were holding him to the cross and the nails are our sins.
- When they nailed his feet blood was dropped from this blood. At his feet blood was shed so anywhere we step on the land has been given to us for possession.
- After he was raised up they pierced his side to ensure he was dead. This tells us a new way has been given to us.
For each blood that drop it speaks for us. What does the blood speak for you? The blood was sprinkled so we can approach the mercy seat. Have you trivialized the blood? Does the blood mean anything to you? Where have you lost it? Where are you crucifying him the second time?
For every sin you commit you tell Christ you do not value him and the price he paid for you.